Welcome to the home of the South Jersey Chapter New Jersey Society of the Sons of the American Revolution. We are a non-profit, historical, educational, and patriotic society. The Sons of the American Revolution seek to maintain and expand the meaning of patriotism, respect for our national symbols, the value of American citizenship, and the unifying force of “e pluribus unum” that was created from the people of many nations — one nation and one people.
Important Announcement: the President of our chapter, Richard Serfass, has undergone major surgery and will be out of action for several months. First vice president Larry Nelson is acting in his stead.
Once again our South Jersey Chapter SAR will be supporting the Moorestown Chapter DAR with the annual 2019 Wreaths Across America program. We need your help! There are two ways you can participate:
- Contribute to the WREATHS ACROSS AMERICA program by purchasing a wreath or wreaths to be place on the grave(s) of a American Veteran. CLICK HERE
- Participate in the actual WREATH LAYING program. The Date is Saturday December 14, 2019. The LOCATION is the Beverly National Cemetery in Beverly, Burlington. The TIME is 12 noon. The program starts promptly at noon. Please arrive early for a close parking place.
The next meeting of the South Jersey Chapter SAR is on Saturday, January 25th, 2020 at the West Deptford Free Public Library.
9:30AM Light refreshments, 10:00AM Meeting
Members will receive details via email prior to the meeting. If you are not receiving our emails or would like to know more about our chapter, please contact Rich Serfass, President.
Moorestown Fourth of July Parade
The South Jersey chapter SAR participated in the annual Moorestown Fourth of July parade. The SJCSAR partnered with the Moorestown Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution. Participating for the SJCSAR Larry Nelson, Tim Ogline, and Erick Ford. Here’s a few pictures from the parade.
2020 Schedule of Meetings:
- January -25 Regular Meeting (West Deptford Free Library)
- March -28 Regular Meeting (West Deptford Free Library)
Annual Meeting and Luncheon
The Annual Meeting of the South Jersey Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution was held on Saturday, March 23rd, 2019 at the Riverton Country Club in Cinnaminson. The main agenda items were the Induction of Officers for 2019-21, the awarding of achievement and recognitions to Chapter members and DAR guests. For more details go to SJCSAR History
WREATHS ACROSS AMERICA: Join the South Jersey Chapter SAR and the Moorestown DAR is honoring the deceased veterans buried at the Beverly National Cemetery in Beverly. To participate:
2. Come to the actual wreath laying ceremony on Saturday, December 15, 2018. Join other Chapter members. Bring your friends and family. Starting time is 12 noon. (Check here to see if starting time changes)